Connecting With Nature's Seasons Through Intuitive Magic
When we think of the wheel of the year, the Wiccan wheel with its celebrations of the Yule, Beltane, Mabon, and Samhain come to mind. But what about a wheel of the year for the rest of us pagans and witches? As a witch living in sunny South Florida, longtime hereditary witch Temperance Alden has often felt at odds gearing up to celebrate Yule, for example, when it is 76 degrees and sunny outside. Readers will learn to create their own intuitive practices in harmony with the climate, culture, and local spirits where they live.
Year of the Witch covers all aspects of this new, seasonal practice:
- The origins of the neo-pagan wheel of the year and why it is still so relevant today
- Culture, historical facts, and traditions associated with the major ceremonies
- Basic principles of land-based magick
- How to intuitively connect to nature and local gods
- Being a custodian to the land and its impact on spirituality